Wednesday, February 27, 2013

WEEK 8 BOC: Progress on Final Project

After a week of milling over idea after idea on this final project I am feeling a somewhat exhausted. Initially advertising seemed like an easy enough job to do, but this project makes me realize there is a lot of brain power that goes into this profession. (I'm only doing a class assignment!) On the first day my personal struggle was wanting to pitch an idea that was good enough to be submitted, but instead of going up to pitch my ideas I would trash them on the spot. It was only towards the end of class that I was able to come up with something.
Through the week I couldn't get over the company, Elain cosmetics. It is somewhat of a small company and does not do any large advertising. One product that I was particularly fond of is their Bijou Beam lipgloss. It is a great lipgloss for those who are just starting to use make-up and are looking for a lip color that is subtle but still gives your lips that edge. My pitch was. "Elain Bijou Beam. Lipgloss that leaves you with a shine that gleams." I love the idea that just a little bit of product can give a woman an entire new look and a new confidence she did not have in herself before.
As far as where I am with my project I am still expanding on the ideas for my commercial. It is one that begins in the childhood stages of this girl's life that progresses into the adulthood of Sarah's life. She never thought of herself as pretty due to her childhood friend that repeatedly put her down for a good portion of her life. With Elain cosmetics she found confidence in herself and her smile.

No comments:

Post a Comment